RØDE Microphones, Australia’s pro audio innovation powerhouse and Choice of Today’s Creative Generation™, is proud to announce the next major firmware update to the RØDECaster Pro™, the world’s first fully integrated podcast production studio.
Following on from the first update back in February which introduced multitrack recording via USB, the 1.2.0 update expands the RØDECaster Pro’s multitrack capabilities, enabling multitrack recording direct to microSD™, and other useful upgrades.
The RØDECaster Pro’s new functions featured in the 1.2.0 firmware update include:
· Multitrack recording to the on-board microSD card: polyWAV file format, stereo live mix + individual sources
· Updated companion app: offering more user-friendly file handling
· The option to pause during a recording
· Updated colour-coding on the record button: green – armed, red – recording, amber – paused.
HOW DOES MULTITRACK TO SD WORK?
The RØDECaster Pro will now record 14 tracks to the on-board microSD card. These tracks are the same as if you were recording multitrack via USB to a DAW:
· A stereo ‘live mix’ track
· A mono track for each of the 4 microphone inputs
· Stereo tracks for the USB, 3.5mm TRRS, Bluetooth and sound-effects-pad channels.
Multitrack to SD recording can be activated in the ‘Hardware' > 'Advanced’ section of the RØDECaster’s menu, alongside the existing multitrack to USB feature.
THE PAUSE FUNCTION
The RØDECaster Pro now offers the option to pause a recording at any time by pressing and holding the record button for two seconds. Tapping the button will resume the recording, while pressing and holding again will end the recording.
To make this process as simple as possible, we’ve updated the colour-coding on the record button:
· Green means the RØDECaster is ready to record
· Red means it is recording
· Flashing amber means it is paused.
About RØDE Microphones and The Freedman Group:
RØDE Microphones designs and manufactures high-quality microphones, interfaces and related accessories for studio, live and location use. Its products are designed and primarily manufactured in Sydney, Australia and exported to over 117 countries globally. RØDE is part of The Freedman Group, with APHEX, Event and SoundField. Freedman Electronics celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2017.
THE CHOICE OF TODAY’S CREATIVE GENERATION™Come on the FREE COURSE TOUR
Great home recording starts with a great home recording studio. It doesn't need to be expensive if you know how to select the right equipment for your needs.