Version 2.1 of LinPlug's Alpha VSTi Released
April 9, 2004
LinPlug has released version 2.1 of the Alpha Classic Synthesizer VSTi. Enhancements in this release cover oscillators, filters and the user interface. Alpha 2.1 is now also compatible with Mac OSX 10.3 and Cubase SX 2.
The update is free for all Alpha 2.0.x customers.
Alpha Classic Features:
- VST2 plug-in virtual synthesizer for PC and Mac OS-X
- 24 note polyphonic (CPU dependent)
- Unlimited sound programs, New Sound Browser, MIDI program change
- Improved Oscillator Quality, countless waveform combinations
- Oscillator Amplitude and Frequency Modulation, Oscillator Pulse Width Modulation
- Improved Filter Quality
- Modulation Matrix with 17 sources and 13 destinations.
- Portamento/Glide switchable constant Time/constant Rate and Auto-Bend Modes
- Adjustable voice limit (1...8, 24)
- Adjustable Precision to bring in the warmth of the good old analog synthesizers
- Velocity, mono and poly aftertouch, pitch bend, mod-wheel and various other controllers
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song
- VST2.0 capable host software,
- Macintosh, Mac OSX 10.2.6 or higher, 300 MHz or higher CPU
- PC, Windows 95 or higher, 300 Mhz or higher CPU
The Alpha 2.1 is available as a downloadable product from the LinPlug online shop. Suggested Retail Price: 39,00 (in the EU) / 39,00 US$. The update from 2.0.x is free.
For more information, visit their web site at www.linplug.de