Version 1.3 of Cameleon 5000 Synthesizer Released
June 17, 2004
Camel Audio have announced the release of version 1.3 of Cameleon 5000, an additive synthesizer with morphing and resynthesis abilities.
Version 1.3 adds a host of new features including the ability to convert bitmaps to noise. Sounds may also be exported as bitmaps, so that they may be edited in a graphics program and then reimported. Cameleon also adds support for microtuning, and has had significant CPU optimization allowing it to be run at lower latencies. It now responds to MIDI bank and program changes. The update also offers a number of sound quality improvements including improved reverb and chorus effects. Other improvements include voice mute buttons, longer LFO cycles, multi-sampling of bitmaps and support for Mac OS 9.
The new version also adds 130 new instrument presets covering everything from filmic effects and ambiences, pads and dancefloor basses to vocal sounds, courtesy of the new vocal formant filter presets. There are also new harmonic presets including saws and squares inspired by Juno and Virus synthesizers. The update includes many new morph timeline presets - one of Cameleons unique features - which makes creating rythmic loops and evolving pads a matter of a couple of mouse clicks.
Cameleon 5000 is supplied with an extensive library of more than 600 presets, and is available for both Windows and Mac OS X / OS 9, in VST and Audio Units plugin formats. It can be purchased online from the Camel Audio website for $199 or 159 euro.
Camel Audios website has been updated - you can now download several hundred Cameleon presets, read tutorials and interviews with famous users, or even buy a Camel Audio T-shirt.
New features in v1.3
- Bitmaps can be analysed to create noise settings
- Sounds may be exported as bitmap images
- Micro tuning support added via the .tun format
- CPU optimization - note ons optimized allowing Cameleon to be run at lower latencies
- Pver 130 new instrument presets
- New vocal formant (oh, ah, eh) presets, harmonic presets modelled on Juno and Virus
- Responds to MIDI bank/program changes
- Mute option for each voice on morph page
- Support for Mac OS 9
- Other improvements include improved reverb and chorus, longer LFO cycles, mutli-sampling of bitmaps, new morph timeline presets, decibel display, all-vol option on additive editing window, CPU optimized for instrument loading, logarithmic control on volume, increased zoom range, randomization now applies to formant filter too, instrument bank and program are midi learnable, windows version now has an installer, bug fixes
For more information, visit their web site at www.camelaudio.com