Version 1.2.3 of Rax AudioUnit Host Released
Granted Software announced the availability of Rax 1.2.3 for Mac OS X, a free update for registered users.
Rax turns your Mac into a virtual rig for live performance, slaving instruments and effects from another app or offloading DSP to a second computer. With its streamlined UI, this is the easiest way to play AudioUnit instruments and process live audio through your AudioUnit effects. One-touch record lets you capture a great riff without delay.
Rax comes with many features such as multiple synths per rack, flexible effect routing including insert, send and master effects, a 16 channel mixer, and support for live audio inputs. MIDI features include layering , keyboard and velocity splits, multiple inputs, host based MIDI learn for AudioUnit controls and external MIDI clock sync.
1.2.3 includes the following bug fixes (among others):
- Non-44.1kHz sample rate issues have been resolved.
- Losing audio input when changing buffer size issue has been resolved.
- Compatibility issues with Rax AIFF files have been resolved.
Changes included in the previous 1.2.2 update are:
- Mixer channel Mute is now remote controllable.
- Setting mixer channel volume to zero eliminates instrument load on CPU.
- MIDI notes are no longer buffered when a rack is deactivated or a channel is muted.
- External sync is now passing through tempo data to all AudioUnits.
The product is available as a download directly from Granted Software for USD $29.95. Until a license is purchased users are limited to a single instrument and audio input per rack and recording is disabled.
For more information, visit their web site at www.grantedsw.com