Two New Freeway Models from Godin
The success of the Freeway Classic inspired Robert Godin to design two new guitars based on the Classic model. The Series now includes: The original Classic, the Freeway Floyd, and the Freeway SA (synth access).
The Freeway Floyd represents the most aggressive of the three Freeways. Godin used the same Rock Maple neck and perfectly balanced, double cut body of the Classic for the foundation of the Freeway Floyd. But that's where the similarities end. A low-profile licensed Floyd style bridge and locking nut provide a smooth feel and solid tuning during even the most aggressive dive-bombing. A special set of extra hot Godin pickups provide gain when needed. A matching headstock completes the Freeway Floyd's souped-up looks.
Freeway Floyd Specifications:
- Neck: Rock Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ Radius 12"
- Body: Silverleaf Maple center w/ Poplar wings
- Nut: locking
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bridge: licensed, low-profile, Floyd Rose
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Pickups: Neck: Godin NHN2, Middle: Godin NSM2, Bridge: Godin NHB2
- Controls: 5-way pickup switch, volume and tone.
The Freeway Floyd is available in Black Pearl or Satin Silver at $625 U.S. list. Price includes a deluxe gig bag.
The Freeway SA (synth access) takes all of the versatility of the Freeway Classic and adds synth/computer access via a built-in 13-pin connector courtesy of the Ghost pickup system installed in the bridge. The Ghost system is made in Canada by Graph Tech and uses a proprietary harmonic dampening system for improved tracking.
Freeway SA Specifications:
- Neck : Rock Maple
- Fingerboard : Rosewood w/ Radius 12"
- Body : Silverleaf Maple center w/ Poplar wings
- Nut : Tusq
- Scale : 25 1/2"
- Bridge : floating trem equipped with Ghost saddle pickups and the Hexpander Modular Pre-amp
- Frets : 22 medium jumbo
- Pickups : Neck: Godin GHN1, Middle: Godin GS1, Bridge: Godin GHB1
- Controls : 5-way pickup switch, volume and tone.
- Controls for the Ghost system: Momentary mini toggle serves multiple functions on a GR-Series guitar synth. 3-Way mini toggle selects between synth, guitar or both. Volume for synth.
- Outputs : 1/4" standard guitar output jack, 13-pin connector for hexaphonic output
Available in Black Pearl at $795 U.S. list, or in Lightburst with a Flame Maple Leaftop at $895 U.S. list. Price includes a deluxe gig bag.
For more information, visit their web site at www.godinguitars.com