Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 Released
Native Instruments has released Traktor DJ Studio 2.6, the next version of its DJ software. This update has the power to fuse two of the digital DJ platforms into one complete solution - by making Traktor DJ Studio fully compatible with the latest version of Stanton's vinyl-controlled DJ system, FinalScratch 2. Furthermore, Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 offers several new features like live broadcasting via Internet, live audio input with on-the-fly audio recording, extended file format support and a lot of other enhancements.
The new features in Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 include:
- Compatible with FinalScratch 2 - Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 now works together with Stanton's FinalScratch 2 hardware. This makes the software fully controllable via turntables and DJ CD players, opening up a whole new world of creative mixing techniques.
- Internet Broadcasting - With Traktor DJ Studio 2.6, the performance can be streamed live over the internet, thanks to integrated support for the Icecast streaming server protocol.
- Live Input / Live recording - An external audio signal can be integrated live into the mix via a third dedicated mixer channel offering an adjustable ducking function, which allows for announcements, voice-overs, MCing and much more. The input signal can even be recorded on-the-fly, and the recordings can be dragged directly into the mix for instant playback.
- Mix Recording - The mix can now be directly recorded into an audio file on hard disc during the performance, as an alternative to the existing non-destructive mix recording method.
- Added support for AAC, WMA, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files - Traktor DJ Studio now also plays tracks in AAC format (Apple iTunes, non-DRM files only), WMA format (Windows Media Player), as well as in Ogg Vorbis and FLAC
- Browser Favourites - The file browser now offers a special "favourites" section where up to 12 selected folders or playlists can be stored, which can then instantly be accessed via keyboard shortcuts.
- Playlist History - A new "history" function gives a detailed overview about all recently played tracks. The list can also be printed out or exported - especially useful for professional DJs who have to take care of license payments to copyright associations.
Further improvements include support for multiple MIDI controllers, visual time grids in the waveform displays, a powerful library search function, a revised user interface with several skins to choose from, and a large number of new MIDI and keyboard assignable controls.
The update to version 2.6 is available now as a free download for all registered users of Traktor DJ Studio 2.5.
The full version of Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 will be available in mid March for a suggested retail price of $229/ 199 Euro from authorized dealers and in the NI Online Shop. A demo version of Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 is also available now as a free download on the NI website.
For more information, visit their web site at www.native-instruments.com