TerraTec Shipping PHASE 24 FireWire Audio Interface
October 12, 2004
Announced at this year's Musikmesse show, TerraTec's PHASE 24 FireWire audio and MIDI interface with 24-bit/192kHz conversion has started shipping. Drivers are available for both Windows and OS X.
The two analog mono inputs/outputs are 1/4" balanced connectors, featuring 24-bit/192kHz converters. An included break-out cable provides digital I/O, supporting S/PDIF at up to 24/96 resolution. AC-3 and DTS formats are also supported. The break-out cable also provides MIDI input and output connections. The front panel of the PHASE 24 FireWire sports a stereo output that doubles as a headphone or line-level output.
TerraTec also bundles a couple of software titles with the PHASE 24 FireWire. Included are the full vesion of Native Instrument's Traktor DJ and WaveLab Lite (for Windows only) from Steinberg.
The package also contains three adapter connectors, FireWire cable and adapters,a 9V power unit, a manual, and a BeSonic Premium Account.
- 2 analog inputs, balanced 1/4" jack
- 2 analog outputs, balanced 1/4" jack
- 1 analog stereo output, 1/4" jack, usable with line level or as adjustable headphone output.
- 1 coaxial digital I/O
- 1 MIDI I/O
- 24 Bit/192 kHz analog I/O
- 24 Bit/96 kHz digital I/O
- 109 dB signal-noise ratio (A-weighted) on the analog inputs
- 111 dB signal-noise ratio (A-weighted) on the analog outputs
For more information, visit their web site at www.terratec.net