TazMan Audio Introduces TheExtractor Audio-to-MIDI VST Plug-In
November 18, 2004
TheExtractor is a PC VST plug-in that can extract audio information in real-time and convert it into MIDI messages, as well as allowing you to control up to 4 parameters at the same time from a single audio source.
With TheExtractor, it is possible to control your favorite synthesizer/sampler or effect unit (as long as they accept MIDI data) by using audio input instead of a MIDI keyboard.
- 2 different pitch detection algorithms.
- Note and Beat transient detectors result in an automatic generation of MIDI notes.
- Volume and Brightness parameter detection.
- Input Gate for tracking just the input signal you want (and ignore low level noise).
- Modulation Matrix provides you with the choice to select which MIDI messages (Targets) you wish to generate from the 5 extracted parameters (Source).
- Graphical displays of the Input, Pitch, Spectral and Note output parameters.
TheExtractor is a VST plug-in for Windows that can be purchased online for $34.95. Demo version and audio examples are also available.
For more information, visit their web site at www.tazman-audio.co.uk.