SaxLab VST/AU Virtual Saxophone Released
December 7, 2004
LinPlug has now released, SaxLab, a VST/AU-format wind instrument synthesizer with several unique features. SaxLab uses multi-sample playback of wind-instrument samples and incorporates a specially designed four-voice crossfade system designed to create realistic wind instrument sounds.
SaxLab's includes a wide range of soundsets for the various instruments of the saxophone family, an effects section that includes chorus and reverb, as well as real-time modulation options. Special attention has been paid to making the performance controls as rich and responsive as possible, so that the instrument can be realistically played.
SaxLab is the successor to Dash Signature's TubiLeSax VST instrument, introducing many new features and an improved sound engine. An upgrade path from TubiLeSax to SaxLab is available for registered users of TubiLeSax. The info is sent by mail to all registered users within the next days.
SaxLab contains a range of features designed to make your music-making more efficient and enjoyable. These include:
- Many different SoundSets for various saxophone instruments.
- Monophonic multi-sample playback with internal four-voice crossfade.
- Adjustable mix of three sound layers for each note: the "Air" layer, the "Keys" layer and the "Pitched" layer.
- Air/Keys and Pitched sound layer crossfade point is set by MIDI velocity.
- User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope.
- Tonal characteristics of the instrument's overall sound can be defined by the user.
- Real-time control of the instrument's brightness.
- Three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger, Alternate
- Control of PitchBend and Scoop.
- Random pitch deviation and body frequency deviation per note.
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo.
- Stereo chorus and stereo reverb effects.
- Simple tuning selection via a "one-click" menu.
- MidiLearn available for every control.
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song
- VST2.0 or AU capable host software
- Macintosh: Mac OSX 10.2.6 or higher, 750 MHz or higher CPU
- PC: Windows 95TM or higher, 750 MHz or higher CPU
Purchase: SaxLab will be sold in all major music stores from January 2005 on and is immediately available for online purchase from the LinPlug website.
License Fee/Suggested Retail Price: 129 Euro in the EU, $149US outside the EU. Upgrade from TubiLeSax is 89 Euro in the EU and 99 US$ outside the EU.
For more information, visit their web site at www.linplug.com