SampleRobot Provides Fully Automated Sampling of Instruments
Created to simplify and accelerate the process of sampling, SampleRobot for Windows provides automatic sampling of electronic instruments that can be triggered via MIDI, but can also be used for sampling acoustic instruments.
If there are MIDI connections available on the instrument, SampleRobot will send out MIDI note messages and controller information, note by note. The external device gets the MIDI information and plays back the sounds. At the same time SampleRobot is in audio recording mode. Just a few mouse clicks and a fully detailed sampled synthesizer with all internal sound programs is on your hard drive ready to be played with a software sampler. SampleRobot is also equipped with half automatic recording functions for sampling of acoustic instruments.
All procedures like sending MIDI note on and off, program change, audio recording, naming, editing, audio fade calculation, loop creation, multi sample mapping, and export are executed fully automatically. SampleRobot is designed to work practically completely on its own while the user keeps full control of all parameters manually. The sampling engine is non destructive. Complex multi sample recordings can now be done in a jiffy. SampleRobot can create, arrange and archive whole projects full of multi sample layers.
- Fully automatic sampling of MIDI sound devices that are connected to a Windows compatible MIDI and audio interface
- Automatic output of velocity, after touch, MIDI controllers, program change to record all sound nuances
- Half automatic sampling of sound sources that are not equipped with a MIDI interface
- Auto functions and user macros for recording format and length, editing, normalizing, fading samples
- Automatic creation of crossfade loops, backward-forward loops and combinations
- Auto arrangement and mapping of multi samples including key maps with velocity splits and real time MIDI controller assignment
- Auto naming from an external ASCII file
- Batch multi sample creation from an uncut audio file
- Multi sample export formats: HALion, SoundFont2 and VSampler
- Audio file export format: single samples as WAV
- Data export file format: SRO (SampleRobot)
- Sampling of Windows audio streams, played by other applications in the background
- Pitch information read and write (WAV files)
- Windows XP
- Supports all Windows plug and play MIDI and audio devices
- Minimum computer configuration: Pentium 3, 667 MHz, 512 MB RAM, 100 GB harddrive
SampleRobot is planned for release in mid-April 2005. Anticipated price will be 249, - Euro (330 US $).
For more information, visit their web site at www.samplerobot.com