Sage Electronics Introduces Spherical Condenser Microphone
New from Sage Electronics is the SE-BB1 electret condenser microphone, the first in a series of studio recording mics fondly known as bova balls.
Designed by Sage Electronics founder / record producer Phillip Victor Bova and hand-crafted on a one-off basis for home, project and commercial studios as well as touring producers and engineers, the SE-BB1 bova ball features:
- A spherically-mounted high-intensity small diaphragm electret condenser capsule
- All discrete class A transformer-less electronics
- Active balanced outputs
- Robust vintage-style solid brass hardware for versatile and stable positioning
- Precision Manfrotto ball and socket mechanism for versatile positioning
- Phantom powered electronics
According to the company, the SE-BB1 is an open-sounding microphone and effective as a drum overhead, hi-hat or percussion mic, or on anything requiring extreme transient detail at high SPL.
The SE-BB1 bova ball carries a manufacturer's suggested list price of CDN $579. (US $469.) and is available directly from the manufacturer.
For more information, visit their web site at www.sageelectronics.com