Rocktave Releases XFact2 VST Instrument
The XFact2 VSTi synthesizer for Windows that instad of using normal sawtooth and sine waves to create the sound, uses instruments from Delta SP Samplerbanks. You just load a Samplerbank and its instruments are used for the oscillators. It is similar to using SoundFonts, but when played in XFact2 there are more options and effects.
XFact2 provides 7 effects, including reverb, delay, chorus and phaser. There are 3 LFO's per voice, a modulation matrix for the voices and a modulation matrix for the effects, 2 envelopes per voice, and 2 instrument-based oscillators per voice. In addition, there are filters, a wave shaping function and two step sequencers. The delay and sequencers as well as many other time based effects can be either synched to the host tempo or specified as absolute time units.
- 2 Oscillators - Combine two of up to 128 possible Samplerbank instruments.
- Combine instruments to make new instruments.
- Pitch glide.
- Polyphony control up to 32 voices. Can function as mono or polyphonic synth.
- 2 step sequencers.
- Modulation matrix for voice parameters.
- 7 Effects - Reverb, Chorus, Distortion, Delay, Phaser, EQ and XFilter.
- Effects modulation matrix with six LFO's.
- Effects pre and post gain.
- 3 LFO's per voice.
- 2 Envelopes with multiple shapes.
- Pitch bend, glide, attack and release.
- Stores up to 128 presets.
- Built in Sub presets for each effect and master effects.
The XFilter is an experimental effect which is a bank of up to four filters that are processed in parallel, but the output is enveloped between each filter. For example, you have a lowpass, highpass, another lowpass and then a bandpass filter, and as the audio is processed, the output morphs from one filter to the next in a loop. Each filter's duration is adjustable. This can be used to create subtle filtering effects or more sweep and wah type effects. The other effects are regular standards, such as the delay and the EQ.
Samplerbanks for use with XFact2 can be downloaded from Rocktave.com, or you can make your own using Delta SP, also available at Rocktave.com. If you have old sf2 files these can be imported and the instruments used in the Samplerbanks.
XFact2 is available direct from Rocktave for $25.99.
For more information, visit their web site at www.rocktave.com