Riff Interactive Offers Contemporary Folk Instructional CD-ROM
August 11, 2004
The late '90s and new millennium ushered in a new wave of folk guitarists inspired by the folk legends of the '60s and '70s. This new breed of folk musician incorporated the styles of such artists as James Taylor, Jim Croce, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell, while creating a new sound of their own and expanding the horizon of the acoustic guitar. Each of these featured guitarists on Riff Interactive's latest lesson CD-ROM are distinctly different in style, which should help you the student expand on your acoustic style.
In this series you'll learn the style and techniques used by each of these modern guitarists by focusing on playing licks and chord progressions, finger picking & strumming variations, and adapting other styles of music into the folk sound.
CD-ROM Software Features:
- Interactive tab/notation that syncs to the actual guitar audio.
- Virtual guitar neck showing the notes being played and the fingering.
- Select, loop, slow media and tab notation down to your desired speed while maintaining original pitch.
- Videos and looping jam tracks to practice with.
- Transcription of lessons where actual students interact with teacher.
The Riff Interactive CD-ROM catalog which contains previews of each product is at: www.riffinteractive.com/catalog/catalog.htm All new CDs retail for $10.95, but are currently on sale for $9.95 for a limited time.