Record-Producer.com wants to help YOU sell your CDs!
You will remember from last week that Audio Masterclass called for people who had made their own CDs to send in promo copies.
Just to be clear, we don't want demos. We want CDs that are comparable to those you can buy in Wal-Mart and Woolworths, complete with barcode and shrinkwrap.
OK, we can manage without the barcode and shrinkwrap, but we want bulk-manufactured CDs, not CDs you burned in your computer.
What are we going to do with them?
We're going to help you sell them for money, that's what. I'm not quite ready to tell you how at the moment, but everyone who sends in a saleable CD will be contacted with details.
(Don't forget to include your contact details!)
I can tell you now that it isn't going to cost you any money. I've seen schemes on the Internet where you pay some money, send the company your CDs and keep your fingers crossed. And that's probably where the deal ends.
But not here. Nothing will happen that is to your disadvantage. We won't ask for any money from you. We don't need you to send us CDs in advance, other than the promo copy.
So what are you waiting for? If you have made a CD, send us a copy. If you haven't made a CD... er, why not?
Some points based on packages that we have received already...
- We don't want demos. We do feature demo recordings from time to time on Audio Masterclass, but that's not the purpose of this project.
- Please just send your CD by normal non-signed for mail. We would be quite happy to give autographs in the right circumstances, but we are tired of giving them to the postman!
- If your promo CD is stamped with 'PROMO CD', we don't actually know that you have a CD ready for sale.
- Don't attach stickers to the CD case unless that's the way you want to sell it.
- Please don't make your package difficult to open - you wouldn't believe how much tape some people use!
We can accept CDs from anywhere in the world.
Send your CD by normal, non-priority, non-signed-for mail or airmail to...
114 High Street