Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 for Pro Tools|24 MIX Systems Released
September 1, 2004
Digidesign has released Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 software for Pro Tools|24 MIX. Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 offers new feature enhancements and is the final Pro Tools software release to support the Pro Tools|24 MIX product line.
Pro Tools 6.4.1 software enables Pro Tools|24 MIX owners to extend the effective life of their hardware through its new features, and to help maintain session compatibility with current Pro Tools|HD-series systems with features like +12 dB fader gain. For Mac OS X users, Pro Tools 6.4.1 software adds Panther support (Pro Tools|24 MIX systems are not compatible with the Apple Power Mac G5) ; and for both Mac OS X and Windows XP platforms, it contains a subset of the new features found in Pro Tools TDM 6.4 software (now shipping with Pro Tools|HD), along with some Pro Tools|24 MIX-specific bug fixes.
Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 software features and benefits include:
- +12 dB Fader Gain -- Extends the range of fader gain in the Pro Tools mixer to +12 dB over 0 dBFS. This provides more mixing flexibility than with the previous +6 dB fader gain, particularly with recordings made at lower levels. With a new taper above 0 dB, control surface faders also have a more familiar, "console" feel
- Support for the new Command|8 control surface
- Track Position Numbering with "Scroll to Track Number" -- Now individual tracks on large sessions can easily be located and assigned in the software interface and/or on Digidesign control surfaces
- Hierarchical Plug-in Menus -- Make it easier to find plug-ins by process type
- Support for 23.976 fps -- Enables post professionals working with high-definition video to use a new frame rate specific to the medium, ensuring proper synchronization to the source (requires Digidesign's SYNC I/O)
- Improved Feet+Frames Timeline Display -- Allows user to set "zero feet+frames" point anywhere in the session, and with multiple feet+frame rates, allows the feet+frames timeline to remain in sync with all workflow variations
- New Clip Meter Features -- Includes a new "clear all clips" keyboard shortcut and a "clip hold" preference with three display choices for clip hold: "infinite" (current default), "3 second," and "none"
- Support for "SCSI Rescan/Hot Swap" With New ATTO SCSI Drivers and Digidesign SCSI|128 or ATTO UL3D SCSI HBA -- Version 3.10 ATTO SCSI drivers support SCSI Rescan with Mac OS X, allowing users to "hot swap" using removable SCSI carriers if they have the Digidesign SCSI|128 or ATTO UL3D SCSI HBA (driver and the accompanying ATTO SCSI Configuration Tool can be downloaded via www.attotech.com/software/driver15.html)
Pro Tools|24 MIX system owners registered for Pro Tools TDM 6.0 or newer software can download Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 free of charge, or can purchase the Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 CD for Pro Tools|24 MIX (cross-platform) for $4.95 US plus shipping and tax through Digidesign's online DigiStore (store.digidesign.com). Pro Tools|24 MIX system owners who have registered Pro Tools TDM software versions below 6.0 can purchase the Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 CD for Pro Tools|24 MIX for $35 US plus shipping and tax through the DigiStore as well.
For more information, visit their web site at www.digidesign.com