otiumFX Releases Compadre Beatpuncher VST Compressor
Compadre is a dynamics processor in VST PC format designed especially for use on beats, drumloops and other percussive material, capable of providing subtle enhancements or heavy duty compression.
Compadre is the result of more than one year of research, development and countless hours of listening tests. The final product is a compressor that not only delivers a highly optimized sonic behavior according to the company, but also adds it's own character. It has it's own sound with a response optimized for a dedicated purpose - drums, but it's flexible enough to be useable on many other types of tracks as well.
Furthermore Compadre features extensive sidechain control through external key input and flexible filtering. This allows for techniques such as synchronized gating, ducking and frequency dependant compression.
- Feed forward RMS compressor.
- Multiple compression modes for expanded flexibility.
- True stereo sidechain. (4 channel input; 1+2=audio, 3+4=Sidechain)
- High & lowpass filters on the sidechain.
- Further 9 filter models featuring presets with key frequencies in drummixing.
- Adjustable low-level controls to finetune the compression characteristics. ("Snap", "Linearity" & "Envelope").
- Dry/wet control allowing easy "parallel compression".
- Optional extra "Crunch" by enabling a built-in second compressor on the output stage.
- Optional limiter on output.
- Zero latency.
- 80 categorized presets included.
Compadre is available as a VST plugin for the PC platform. The price is USD 49.00. A demo version is available for download.
For more information, visit their web site at www.otiumfx.com