A brief introduction to soundproofing
How much mastering does a Pink Floyd soundalike band need?
Why mono is better than stereo for recording vocals and dialogue
What is production? Part 4: Mixing
Make an attention-getting lo-fi introduction for a track
How to find the best tempo (BPM) for your recording
A brief introduction to acoustic treatment
What basic equipment do you need to make professional recordings?
Can you hear the subtle effect of the knee control of the compressor? (With audio and video demonstrations)
Recording acoustic guitar in stereo - should you use spaced or coincident mics?
Subscribe to access our latest, up-to-the-minute articles with hints, tips and adventures in audio in the weekly Audio Masterclass Newsletter.
Voxengo announces the release of the GlissEQ version 3.3 update which is now available for download. Voxengo GlissEQ is a dynamic parametric equalizer plug-in for professional audio and sound production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers. This version implements the following changes:
* "Filled Spectrum" spectrum display mode switch added.
* Control surface crosshair option added (can be switched off in the global options).
* EQ range selector added (this may shift existing automation envelopes).
* Additional visual look variation settings added.
* Oversampling filter type "Min-phase/Lin-phase" switch added.
* Level meter's "density mode" improved.
* "Show All Channel Meters" metering issue in 5.1 surround mode fixed.
* Smooth filter automation implemented.
* Global precision settings persistence issue fixed.
* Underlay color selection was removed - group's defined color is used now.
* Global "Auto Oversampling Level" 1X (off) option added.
* Narrow-band sweeping mode crash problem fixed.
The most interesting and unique feature GlissEQ offers you is its filters with dynamic behavior. Beside this wonderful "dynamic behavior", GlissEQ features real-time spectrum analyzer. Moreover, the spectrum of a track can be exported to any other instance of GlissEQ thus making real-time inter-track spectrum comparisons possible. This can help you free frequency ranges in one track to allow the instrument in another track occupying same frequencies breathe.
* Filters with dynamic behavior
* Real-time spectrum analysis
* Real-time spectrum import/export
* Up to 32 filter bands
* 16 filter types
* Harmonically-enhanced filter type
* Narrow-band sweeping
* EQ area highlight
* Multi-channel processing
* Internal channel routing
* Channel grouping
* Mid/side processing
* Up to 8x oversampling
* 64-bit floating point processing
* Preset manager
* Undo/redo history
* A/B comparisons
* Contextual hint messages
Demo version of Voxengo GlissEQ and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/glisseq/