For song titled "NAUGHTY ROCK" BRIAN G featuring Naughty Bird.
1. Write song hook & write 3 verses
2. sequence / layer drum tracks into 4 & 8 bar loops jim dooley live drums on intro & breakdowns big fish loops on verses/hooks
3. edit guitar & bass loops into song sections (loopsondemand.com d-day selections
4. add effects to bass & guitar to obtain the desired feel with distortion/ hot tube sound etc. (ableton live 5 software & loopsondemand.com
5. record vocal hook on a mxl v-67 mic mounted on a se reflexion filter going into protools 7 le via mbox 2.
6. record verses 1,2,3 using same vocal chain.
7. eq & add various effects to vocals to give dirty medium room sound & distortion on hook.doubled hook vocals yelling into a headphone cup plugged into a dj mixer mic jack for more distortion. 8. over dub vocal adlibbing sound effects.
9 recieved via e-mail female voice over adlibs recorded on a rode nt-2a into adobe audition software. http://www.myspace.com/britvobird
10. added delay effects to female vocals/ placed throughout mix.
11. ran guitar sounds into rane serato to add dj scratching on song hook.
12 added real voicemail outgoing/incoming voicemail message as song intro. (vocemail girl) http://www.myspace.com/melisaangelina
13. mixed down song in ableton live 5 & protools le
14 . sent song to crazymastering.com to have mastered.
15. submitted song to itunes and cdbaby.com as track #4 on BRIAN G "BG REMIX ROUNDUP" album
Further information is available at www.BRIANGMUSIC.COM
Set up your home recording studio in the very best way possible. Learn how to select equipment and solftware all the way through from microphones to monitors. Learn more...
Are you making these 4 simple mistakes again and again in your home recording studio? They are easy to identify and avoid, so you don't have to. Learn more...