Come on the FREE COURSE TOUR
Avid today announced Pro ToolsÂ® version 9 â€” a groundbreaking evolution of the industry's most popular music creation and audio production solution. Leveraging a next-generation architecture, version 9 of Pro Tools offers customers the unprecedented choice to work with Avid audio interfaces, third-party audio interfaces, or no hardware at all when using the built-in audio capabilities of a Mac or PC. This first-ever software-only option for Pro Tools delivers customers the most open, flexible and feature rich version in history, while also providing top professional features customers have requested. Also, new support for the Avid EUCONâ„¢ open Ethernet protocol now enables customers to expand control surface options to include Avid's Artist Series and Pro Series audio consoles and controllers (formerly known as EuphonixÂ® consoles and controllers).
Pro Tools customersâ€”from the aspiring enthusiast to the professionalâ€”can now create sophisticated, great sounding mixes, whether they're at home, on the road, or working in a large facility using an open, flexible workflow for enhanced collaboration and creativity.
Customers can design their workflow of choice using the new Pro Tools software-only configuration with their favorite Avid or third-party audio interfaceâ€”or standaloneâ€”and with Avid Artist and Pro Series controllers. The benefits to users include:
- Versatile workflow design optionsâ€”Enables customers to work the way they want using Pro Tools as a software only tool, or with hardware options that include either a variety of Avid audio interfaces for an Avid-advantaged workflow, or third-party audio interfaces as a result of new Core Audio and ASIO driver support.
- EUCON supportâ€”Delivers more hands-on mixing options to customers using the new Pro Tools software offering or Pro Tools|HD systems with the ability to deeply control Pro Tools through EUCON integration using any Artist Series or Pro Series audio controller or console, in addition to Avid and third-party audio control surfaces.
As a result of customer requests, many high value features formerly available as add-ons are now available right out-of-the-box, including:
- Automatic Delay Compensationâ€”Equips customers using version 9 of Pro Tools with the ability to create better sounding mixes faster. Users can now mix and record with increased alignment and phase accuracy, without the need to manually compensate for latencies from hardware I/Os, internal and external routing, and plug-in algorithm processingâ€”the number one request on the Pro Tools IdeaScale User Forum.
- More audio tracks and bussesâ€”Allows customers to create more elaborate music and audio productions, with support for 96 mono or stereo voices in the new software-only version of Pro Tools (192 voices with Pro Tools HD systems), 256 internal busses, and 160 aux tracks.
- Advanced production toolsetâ€”Gives customers access to standard professional tools in version 9 of Pro Tools to create more polished mixes out-of-the-box. Users can analyze and adjust timing across multiple tracks for tighter rhythm with the built-in multi-track Beat Detectiveâ„¢ module, improve organization and asset sharing with the DigiBaseâ„¢ Pro file management tool, and save time with full Import Session Data dialog.
A series of audio for picture enhancements provides customers with the ability to easily collaborate with other audio and video software users, including:
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange and MP3 exportâ€”Provides customers with simplified session and file exchange between applications.
- Built-in Time Code Rulerâ€”Enables customers to achieve greater accuracy when syncing audio to video in post production (software only configuration of Pro Tools).
- Updated 7.1 surround pannerâ€”Allows customers to more easily mix multichannel surround for full film sound production.
- New variable stereo pan depthsâ€”Equips customers with authentic and precise track panning capabilities to achieve analog-console feel.
Come on the FREE COURSE TOUR