New monitors? Now you need to tune in your ears.
7 important microphone types that you should know and the benefits of each
How complicated do your monitors have to be?
How not to run a recording session!
A brief introduction to soundproofing
What is production? Part 2: Arrangement
How much should you charge for your audio services?
Make your recordings richer with double tracking
When using a drum virtual instrument, should you record each drum to its own individual track?
Buy an SSL mixing console for a quarter of its price when new!
Subscribe to access our latest, up-to-the-minute articles with hints, tips and adventures in audio in the weekly Audio Masterclass Newsletter.
June 25, 2004
Solid State Logic has introduced the XLogic ADC card, which is designed to complement the extended bandwidth performance of its XLogic Channel rackmount unit.
The 192kHz ADC Card, which was shown for the first time in Europe at the 116th AES Convention in Berlin, draws on SSL's C-Series digital console technology for its conversion. It gives end users the flexibility to operate at multiple sample frequencies and includes an allowance for varispeed and pull up/pull down frequency operation. The new card will be available in July at a list price of $650.
The features of the XLogic ADC card include:
• SuperAnalogue matched ADC front end for 192kHz performance.
• In unit installation provides the shortest possible path from processing to converter.
• Full 24-bit resolution, linear performance, low distortion and noise floor
• Reference accuracy internal clock allows the XLogic Channel to be used as a digital synchronization source for ultra low jitter, signal capture capabilities.
• System integration capability through provision of external sync capability.
• Sample frequency follows external sync source from 32-200 kHz.
• Selectable fixed clock sample frequency in master mode, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz at 24 bit resolution
• Analog input provides capability for stereo AES cable operation. One ADC card can be shared between two XLogic Channel units for maximum efficiency.
• Selectable TTL Wordclock Fs, 256Fs, or AES/SPDIF external sync source.
• Transformer isolated 110ohm AES/EBU XLR and SPDIF phono output allowing use with a wide variety recorders and Digital Audio Workstations.
The XLogic Channel packs SSL's XL 9000 K Series SuperAnalogue channel processing into a 1U unit. It features a SuperAnalogue Pre-amplifier with mic, line or instrument inputs and switched gain for easy reset, Twin-Curve Dynamics and selectable RMS or peak sensing for subtle to dramatic compression, including soft distortion at extreme settings High and Low Pass Filters.
Other products in the XLogic range include the XLogic 5.1 Compressor, XLogic SuperAnalogue Mic Amp and the classic G Series Stereo Compressor. Since their launch in 2003, these products have sold in excess of 600 units worldwide.
For more information, visit their web site at www.solid-state-logic.comCome on the FREE COURSE TOUR