New Viper VST FM/Additive Synthesizer from ConcreteFX
ConcreteFX has annouced a new virtual instrument in PC VSTi format: Viper. The plug-in is capable of creating both FM and additive sounds.
Viper is capable of creating a broad range of organic leads, pads and basses, using four oscillators with various modulation options, along with a pair of filters, as well as delay, chorus, and stereo widening effects.
Features of Viper
- 4 oscillators to create sounds, each can be modulated by any other oscillator (including itself for self-modulation) creating a possibility of 65536 different modulation setups. Each modulator can use frequency or ring modulation. Each oscillator has symmetry & pulse width modulation control and oscillator syncing
- Over 100 additive waveforms in plus the normal analog waveforms, allowing for a wide palette of sound sources
- Two multi-mode filters, with 12/24 dB low/high/band pass/notch filters plus ring modulation, comb filter and formant filter for vocal sounds
- 6 AHDSFR envelopes with variable curvature and 6 LFO's. These, along with MIDI and keyboard events, can alter all the major controls, using a simple to use modulation matrix.
- Full MIDI control of all the controls using MIDI learning
- Step Sequencer with up to 16 steps which also can be used in the modulation matrix to create trance-gate sounds & simple sequences
- Chorus, stereo delay & stereo widener effects
- 200 presets
- Full electronic manual
A demo version is available for download, letting you work with Viper's functionality for 10 minutes.
Viper is available for $48/36Euro/£25.
For more information, visit their web site at www.concretefx.com