New Poly-850 Virtual Instrument from Synapse Audio
August 27, 2004
New from Synapse Audio is the Poly-850 virtual instrument for Windows VST and DXi hosts. The Poly-850 is an emulation of a vintage synthesizer that also adds more modern features you'd expect to find.
Features of the original Poly, also found in the Poly-850, include:
- 2 oscillators, with 4 overtones each
- 3 envelope generators, one for each osc and one for the filter
- Global 12dB Lowpass filter
- 6-stage envelopes
- A Modulation Generator, for oscillator pitch and filter
- Noise Generator
- Chorus effect
The Poly-850 also offer these additional features:
- Direct access to every parameter
- Full Automation / MIDI support
- Seamless overtone blend between saw and square
- Velocity sensitive (programmable)
- Adjustable polyphony, up to 16 voices
Poly-850 is available now for Windows in both VST and DXi formats, and a demo version is availble for download. A version for Mac OS X is planned for release in October.
Price: $79 direct from the company's web site.
For more information, visit their web site at www.synapse-audio.com