New OS for Minimoog Voyagers Released
New OS Released for Minimoog Voyager
March 15, 2004
Moog Music announced the next step in the evolution of the Minimoog Voyager analog synthesizer with the release of Operating System 2.0. At its heart the Voyager is a 100% pure analog synth; the newest operating system fully unleashes its modern capabilities -- including transmitting High Resolution MIDI Continuous Control messages from the Voyager's front panel, a new internal modulation matrix called "Pot Mapping", and the ability to create a polyphonic Minimoog using multiple Voyagers.
Some of the new features include:
- Transmit MIDI Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, and CC messages from Left Hand Controller, Keyboard, Touch Surface and Front Panel Controls.
- New 'Master Mode' Features:
- Voyager Device ID and MIDI Key Order: Allows the chaining together of up to 16 Voyagers for a monster polyphonic synth.
- Velocity Curve: Adjust the velocity curves to your playing.
- New 'Edit Mode' Features:
- Compare your sound to a Preset sound
- Adjust the Pitch Bend range
- Programmable Shaping Sources route control signals from the keyboard, left-hand wheels, and front panel pots to affect Modulation
- Trigger filter envelope and volume envelope from Gate Sources other than the keyboard
- Use the Touch Surface to instantly trigger front panel switches on/off
- Map Pot Sources and Destinations in a 4x4 matrix
- New 'Panel Mode' function allows you to Compare Sounds
For more information, visit their web site at www.moogmusic.com.