New Kingsnake Tube Amp from Reverend
January 18, 2005
Reverend Musical instruments is now taking orders on their Kingsnake 20-60 guitar amplifier designed by Dennis Kager and Joe Naylor.
The Kingsnake is designed to produce powerful "boutique" amp tone in an affordable and light weight package. The single-channel, all-tube design offers versatility via the Schizo voicing switch, master volume, switchable wattage and tube-driven reverb.
Construction features include chassis mounted/hand-wired jacks, switches and controls. Independent pre-amp, power amp and control circuit boards for reliability and easy service. Ceramic flame-proof power tube sockets and synthetic low-noise pre-amp tube sockets. Tube sockets mounted to circuit boards with mechanical locking tabs.
Available as a 1-12" combo or head. The head version has identical featuresincluding reverb.
- Schizo Switch:
- US - Transparent midrange with strong bass and treble for classic American clean and light overdrive.
- LO-FI - More midrange and gain with a softer treble response for a bluesy tone reminiscent of worn tubes and an old speaker.
- UK - Even more gain with a distinctly British upper-mid peak for classic blues-rock and hard-rock crunch.
- Switchable Wattage: 20 or 60 watts. Use with the master volume to adjust the amount of overdrive and volume to suit different size rooms.
- Jensen Neo 100, 12 inch speaker featuring a super-light, high efficiency neodynium magnet. 100 watt rating for clear clean tones, and vintage British style cone for smooth overdrive. Weight is about half as much a conventional speaker.
- Electro-Harmonix Tubes: two 6L6 and four 12AX7.
- Accutronics Reverb Tank
- All-Tube Circuit: 100% tube signal path and tube-driven reverb circuit.
- DC Filaments: all 12AX7 tubes have hum eliminating DC filaments.
- All-Plywood Cabinet
Reverend Direct Price: $699 for the 1-12 Combo, $599 for the Head
For more information, visit their web site at www.reverendguitars.com