New DI Box from Sage Electronics
New D.I. Joe Single Channel DI from Sage Electronics
March 17, 2004
The people who handcraft 'vintage-style' purpleheart-faced mic pres, and spherically-mounted condenser microphones have introduced a single channel active DI box. It's name is D.I. JOE.
Built for those who need to inject guitar, bass and keyboard signals into their mic pres or recording devices, D.I. JOE transforms the high impedance unbalanced audio signals produced by electronic instruments into the low impedance balanced signals required by microphone preamps, live sound consoles and recording devices. And then some.
Designed by long-time producer / studio owner Phillip Victor Bova, D.I. JOE's discrete 'Class A' input and sturdy construction will be appreciated by producers, engineers and live sound pros alike. Its balanced low impedance output stage ensures that audio signals can safely travel the length of the long cable lines found in most every live and studio setting.D.I. JOE features:
- Discrete active Class A input ~ eliminates loading signal source
- Dual 9 V battery supply for superior signal headroom
- Robust active electronic outputs capable of driving long signal lines
- Heavy duty toggle style Ground Lift Switch ~ eliminates common ground loop problems
- Rugged die cast housing with camouflage jacket
- Hand wiring / no unreliable internal connectors or DIP switches
- Dual metal shielded internal circuitry for excellent RFI protection
- Unbalanced input impedance - 10 meg ohm
- Balanced output impedance - 100 ohms
- Load driving capability - 600 ohm or greater
- Frequency response - 10Hz to 50Khz + / - 1 db ref 1Khz
- 3 year warranty
D.I. JOE comes with a manual and a 3 year warranty. It carries a manufacturer's suggested list price of CDN $239. (US $179.) and is available directly from the manufacturer.
For more information, visit their web site at www.sageelectronics.com.