ModMax Pedal Line Expanded to Three
May 24, 2004
Studio Electronics has completed its series of ModMax pedals with the ModMax RingMod, while also making some improvements to the ModMax Filter and Phaser with increased signal to noise ratio.
The Studio Electronics ModMax Filter, Phaser and RingMod each feature 13 knobs and 6 switches. Dynamic level control of the effect parameters is what sets the ModMax pedals apart. They borrow designs found under the hood of the Studio Electronics SE-1X and ATC-X and Omega analog synthesizers.
ModMax Phaser - 2, 4 or 6 stage phaser. The ultra-wide frequency range and LFO allows for everything from soft tremolos to deep phasing. Speed it up, slow it down, more intense, less intense, all responding to your playing dynamics. Use the on-board envelope follower to create talk box-like vocal filtering effects.
ModMax Filter - analog 12dB filter. Low Pass, Band Pass or High Pass settings are available. A funky envelope following filter, add to that the dynamic modulation platform and you get a mini synth module. Useful for guitar, bass, keyboards, drum loops and anything audio.
ModMax RingMod - variable carrier ring modulator. Choose from triangle, saw tooth or square waveforms to get things modulating. When you think you gone too far, a feedback control sends the effect output back into itself.
- Input and Output level controls
- Mix control with positive and negative amount
- Envelope following with attack and release
- 4 LED level detecting display
- Exponential 2-speed LFO w/ 3 triggering modes
- Triangle, sawtooth and sample & hold LFO waveforms
- LFO rate & depth control (with positive & negative amount)
- Drench switch creates overdrive & limiting effects
- True hardware relay bypass for clean signal path
- 9v power supply provided
- ModMax Filter $409
- ModMax Phaser $409
- ModMax RingMod $449
All thre ModMax pedals are available now.
For more information, visit their web site at www.studioelectronics.com