Martin Adds Hawaiian Koa Model to X Series
July 27, 2004
At this year's Summer NAMM show, Martin introduced a Hawaiian koa wood-grained HPL model as part of the X Series line of stock model Martin guitars.
The DCX1KE is a full-sized Dreadnought Cutaway with a bookmatched solid spruce top and koa grained high-pressure laminate (HPL) back, sides and headplate. The fingerboard and bridge are crafted from solid striped ebony, and the neck is shaped from naturally colored Stratabond. The guitar also comes equipped with a Fishman Classic IV Sonicore onboard electronics system.
List Price $949.00
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret CUTAWAY
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Inlaid Boltaron w/ Red Fiber/ Multiple Black/White/Black
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D1 (A-Frame)
- TOP BRACES: Sitka/1 Style/Non-Scalloped
- BACK MATERIAL: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- BACK PURFLING: none
- SIDE MATERIAL: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- NECK MATERIAL: Natural Stratabond
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: White Corian
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Koa Pattern HPL w/Printed Logo
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Striped Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16'
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8'
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: none
- FINISH TOP: Hand Rubbed Finish
- FINISH NECK: none
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Striped Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: 1 Style Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8'
- SADDLE: Compensated White Tusq
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome w/ Small Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: I-01 Tortoise Color
- CASE: none
- INTERIOR LABEL: Foil Label - DCX1E Solid Spruce Top
- ELECTRONICS: Classic 4 Sonicore
For more information, visit their web site at www.martinguitar.com