Learn the Style of Rush's Alex Lifeson
Riff Interactive Tackles the Style of Alex Lifeson
| Example Lesson
Riff Interactive has released a new Interactive Guitar Lesson CD-ROM from guitar educator Michael Johnson: Alex Lifeson (Rush) Style (retail $10.95, sale $9.95).
This lesson series explores the various stages of Alex Lifeson's guitar style with Rush. The band started with a heavy rock Led Zeppelin influence but migrated to a progressive rock sound with the addition of drummer Neil Peart. Rush was able to pull off intricate progressive arrangements with only three musicians. The guitar was key to creating the color of the band's sound while Alex would explore combing electric & acoustic guitar, mellow polytonal chords, powerful rock riffs and shearing guitar solos to create a very dynamic and unique sound.The CD-ROM features:
- Interactive tab/notation that syncs to the actual guitar audio.
- Virtual guitar neck showing the notes being played and the fingering.
- Select, loop, slow media and tab notation down to your desired speed while maintaining original pitch.
- Videos and looping jam tracks to practice with.
- Transcription of lessons where actual students interact with teacher.
The Riff Interactive CD-ROM catalog which contains previews of each product is at: www.riffinteractive.com/catalog/catalog.htm All new CDs retail for $10.95, but are currently on sale for $9.95 for a limited time.