Korg's TP-2 and TPB-2 Tube Preamps Offer Optical Compression
July 24, 2004
New from Korg is the Dual Tube Preamp with Optical Compression and Digital Output (TP-2), designed to provide sound enhancement for any recording application. Similarly, the new Dual Tube Preamp Board with Optical Compression (TPB-2) offers the same functionality in a user-installable option to enhance Korg's D32XD and D16XD recorders. Both incorporate a specially tuned version of Korg's Valve Force vacuum tube circuitry (made popular in the Triton Extreme and Electribe SX/MX) to add analog tube warmth and richness, as well as optical compressors that offer a quick response.
- Dual, classic-style, analog VU meters
- Valve Force circuitry featuring two 12AX7 tubes
- Two independent channels that can be linked for recording stereo sources
- Independent phantom power, pad, phase, low cut and Hi-Z switches for each channel
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs
- Coaxial and optical digital outputs (TP-2 only)
The Korg TP-2 and TPB-2 will be available in late summer, with pricing tobe announced shortly.
For more information, visit their web site at www.korg.com