J. Everman Introduces Ultra-Drive Stomp Box
October 19, 2004
J. Everman's latest pedal design is a multi-stage distortion/fuzz, making use of both silicon and NOS germanium diodes for distortion and sustain.
The Ultra-Drive offers four knobs as the primary controls, along with some internal adjustments that you can make to further customize your sound. The external controls are Sustain, Tone for scooping the mids, Filter, and Volume. On the inside, there's a bias control to adjust the amount of "crunch" as well tone stack switches to choose from four different tonal ranges.
For greater headroom, the Ultra-Drive uses 18 Volt circuitry, however can still be powered via a single 9V battery or power supply thanks to the internal voltage doubling.
- Switchable internal tone filter selector
- Internal Bias control
- Dual Germanium & Silicon Diode clipping circuit
- Custom engraved nameplate
- Internal voltage doubler charge pump
- Switchcraft Jacks
- Hyper Orange LED
- 1% metal film low noise resistors
- True Bypass Switching
- Heavy duty battery clip
- Power Jack (9VDC): 2.1mm barrel jack
- Riveted battery holder
- 1 Meg pulldown resistors
- PCB plated though holes
- Input power filtering
- Teflon insulated silver wicked copper PCB wire
MSRP: $240. Available cirect from the company right now for $190.
For more information, visit their web site at www.jeverman.com