ICON Family Grows with Digidesign's D-Command
Digidesign has announced D-Command, the newest member of the ICON integrated console family. ICON D-Command incorporates much of the same functionality, industrial design, and custom workflow capabilities of the flagship ICON D-Control tactile worksurface. With its compact size and powerful feature set -- including dedicated EQ and dynamics editing sections, custom fader modes, and touch-sensitive rotary controls -- ICON D-Command is a natural fit for facilities that want ICON's unique mixing capabilities at a more affordable price.
ICON D-Command combines the benefits of a console with the power and flexibility of the company's high-definition digital audio workstation. In addition to supporting mixes up to 24-bit/192 kHz in up to 5.1 surround, ICON D-Command features direct integration with industry-standard Pro Tools recording and editing software. With non-destructive AFL/PFL solo functionality and brand-new automation capabilities, creating mixes with Pro Tools and ICON is more intuitive, practical, and faster than ever.
Similar to D-Control, ICON D-Command employs an intuitive console layout. The D-Command Main Unit features an easily accessible, central control section with straight-forward monitoring and communications controls. Equipped with eight channel faders, ICON D-Command is expandable to 24 faders by adding a single 16-channel Fader Module. The design of ICON D-Command enables control of multiple session parameters through channel strips and provides LCD displays, LED rings, and bar-graph meters for visual session feedback.
Featuring dedicated, center-section panels for EQ and dynamics plug-in editing -- as well as per-channel control over many processing functions, routing, and automation modes -- ICON D-Command gives operators powerful hands-on command over their projects in a smaller console.
ICON D-Command Features:
- Full integration with Pro Tools|HD systems
- Eight-physical fader/channel strip layout; expandable to 24 physical faders/channel strips
- Touch-sensitive motorized faders
- Two touch-sensitive, multi-purpose rotary encoders per channel strip with LED rings and LCD displays
- 17 illuminated pushbuttons per channel strip to facilitate fast selection of channel modes and attributes
- Two bar-graph meters per channel and eight Master section bar-graph meters
- Comprehensive monitor/communications control section
- Dedicated, center-section control panels for EQ and dynamics plug-in control
- Includes the XMON monitoring system; a remote, rack-mounted analog I/O audio monitor and communications system that is capable of monitoring up to 5.1 surround
- Patent pending, high-speed Ethernet protocol connects console worksurface to Pro Tools|HD Accel DSP mix engine, providing 200 times more bandwidth than MIDI-based controllers
For more information, visit their web site at www.digidesign.com