Guyatone Adds TD-X Tube Echo to Flip Series
June 29, 2004
New from Guyatone is the TD-X Tube Echo. Not only does this unit mark a first for Guyatone as they move in a new direction of hybrid digital/analog effect units, it also deserves landmark status as the first Guyatone unit that was conceived and designed in conjunction with Godlyke, Inc., the North American distributor.
The TD-X takes the company's MD-3 Micro Delay circuit and combines it with a custom-designed filter array that allows the TD-X to emulate a vast variety of vintage and modern delay sounds including BBD, tape, and digital. The key to the TD-X's versatility are its two Simulator controls.
While most digital units emulate analog tones by using a simple high-frequency roll off, the TD-X features a frequency boost/cut filtering system combined with tube warmth and saturation.
The Guyatone TD-X features the following:
- 12AX7A vacuum tube in circuit.
- 1/16" thick, bent-steel chassis with baked enamel finish and air vent for tube.
- 2600 milliseconds of delay time.
- Delay Level, Delay Time, and Feedback controls with switchable Short, Medium and Long delay ranges.
- Capable of self-oscillation at high feedback settings.
- Analog Simulation control adds tube saturation on the Delay Repeats and is blendable against unfiltered Delay sound. Tape Simulation knob adds a preset EQ curve (ultra-low cut, high cut, mid boost and low boost) that is blendable against unfiltered Delay sound.
- Dual Outputs (Wet and Dry).
- True Bypass Switching using a 3PDT mechanical switch to assure transparent operation in bypass.
- 12-Volt DC operation (Guyatone AC-12 Adaptor included).
- 3-year limited warranty
List Price $299.
For more information, visit their web site at www.guyatone.com