Generator LLC Now Shipping KikBrik Bass Drum Damper
Generator LLC is proud to announce the KikBrik™, an innovative new product for drummers, recording engineers, and live-sound engineers searching for consistently great-sounding kick drums.
The patent-pending design is based on acoustical science and 30 years experience in recording and drumming. The KikBrik is a physical drumhead damper as well as an acoustic damper, absorbing unwanted overtones (ringing) across a broad frequency bandwidth. Uniquely shaped ends dampen one or both heads for the perfect sound.
The KikBrik core is formed from specially manufactured high-density multi-layered recycled cotton, which has linear sound absorption and is much more effective than acoustic foam. This material "treats" the inside of the drum like an acoustician would treat a recording studio to eliminate unwanted reflections and resonances. The KikBrik greatly improves the kick drum's sound while its sonic "signature" remains intact.
- Consistently great kick drum sound
- Easy to reposition for different sounds
- Predictable results on nearly any kick with nearly any microphone
- No fiberglass or foam / uses safe "Green" core materials (recycled cotton)
- Standard sizes (14", 16", & 18" drum depths)
- Affordably priced at $49 (MSRP)
- Works well with inexpensive heads (& pays for itself)
The KikBrik is the first and only acoustically designed kick drum damper, and is now shipping.
For more information, visit their web site at www.generatorllc.com