Free Updates for Korg's Legacy Collection
July 24, 2004
Korg has announced multiple software updates for its Legacy Collection of soft synths, adding new features as well as providing fixes. Version 1.0.1 has just been released and adds a number of enhancements for the Wavestation synth, many based on popular requests from users.
Version 1.0.1 Wavestation new features include:
- The ability to now reset any parameter edit by clicking on the parameter while holding the command or ctrl key.
- An output gain parameter for increasing the Wavestation's level by +6 or +12 dB to better match other instruments in the mix.
- The ability to load "mixed" Sys Ex Data (multiple data types stored into a single file), which is commonly found on Internet user group sites for the original Wavestation.
Additionally, Version 1.1 has been announced for release in late August:
Version 1.1 Wavestation new features include:
- The ability to edit multiple steps of a wavesequence at the same time when desired.
- A "Snap" function for setting the duration of steps in a wavesequence to a note value (1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc.), as determined by MIDI clock.
For the MS-20/MS-20FX:
- The list of available external modulation Patch Point parameters has been expanded for increased creative sound design and control.
New sounds are also continuously being developed and posted at www.korguser.net, the authorized Korg Legacy registration/support site. Both versions are free for registered users, and will be posted to the same website.
For more information, visit their web site at www.korg.com