FabFilter One Monophonic Synth Updated
May 24, 2004
FabFilter has released version 2.01 of FabFilter One, addressing some minor problems. Originally released three months ago as a VST plug-in and standalong app for Windows, FabFilter One is a monophonic lead synthesizer that realizes the best possible sound.
FabFilter's philosophy is that musicians do not need more features, they need better sound. This approach has resulted in a solid-sounding oscillator and a self-resonating cut-off filter that has been tuned to achieve the character and warmth of a classic analog synthesizer.
Smart parameter interpolation algorithms ensure that FabFilter One responds immediately to parameter changes while keeping transitions smooth, even with MIDI controller changes.
- Aliasing-free oscillator with triangle, sawtooth, square, and noise waveforms with three pulse width modulation modes and additional white or pink noise
- Self-oscillating digital 12 dB/octave low-pass filter
- Frequency and filter modulation capabilities to create leads, drums, and diverse sound effects
- Smooth portamento feature
- Smart parameter interpolation algorithms ensure responsiveness and smooth transitions when changing any parameter to avoid digital clicks and zipper effects, even with MIDI controller changes
- Straightforward user interface with large knobs and buttons for easy and precise adjustments
- Platform-independent preset system with dozens of sounds and the ability to save your own presets as well
- Sample-accurate MIDI handling
- Arbitrary sample rates
- High 24-bits per sample accuracy
- Complete documentation with included HTML Help file
- Free support with online discussion forum to share experiences and ask questions
- VSTi plug-in and stand-alone version for Windows 98/2000/XP
FabFilter One 2.01 is now available for $79 (US) as a VST plug-in and stand-alone version for Windows.
FabFilter is currently working on version 3 of FabFilter One, which will feature velocity sensitivity and a 16-voice polyphony mode in addition to the current monophonic behavior. This version will be available both as a Windows VST plug-in and as an Audio Units plug-in for Mac OS X. The release is scheduled for August this year.
For more information, visit their web site at www.fabfilter.com