Cycling '74 Releases MODE Plug-In Collection
April 23, 2004
Initially announced last year, MODE 1.0, a suite of unique instrument and effect plug-ins for Mac OS X designed by CreativeSynth Development, is now available.
The package features three instruments and two effects units for VST, Audio Units and RTAS host applications that integrate functions and performance controls typically found in rack-mount and workstation hardware. An additional 18 plug-in "submodules" extend the package with creative effects, parameter modulators and CPU-saving mini-instruments.
The MODE collection's featured plug-ins include:
- BANG: A single-voice percussion module that combines sample playback, FM synthesis, and analog modeling drum synthesis for sounds ranging from simple emulation to outrageous percussive hybrids.
- MONO: A monophonic synthesizer that combines the ease of use and warm filter effects of an analog synthesizer with the control and clarity of an FM engine, for an instrument that is equally at home in the studio or on stage.
- POLY: A versatile polyphonic synthesizer loosely based on classic DCO synths. POLY uses waveforms sampled from some of the most popular vintage digital and analog instruments and features a unique polyphonic arpeggiator.
- SPIN: A rhythm-based effects processor that features a state-variable filter, panning effects, rhythmic gating, delay, distortion and bit-reduction for sounds that range from subtle modification to extreme abuse.
- WASH: A unique new effects processor built around an interconnected network of 6 fully-controllable recirculating delay lines. More than a mere effect, WASH is an instrument in its own right-capable of anything from simple multi-tap delay textures to hour-long walls of morphing feedback.
The additional 18 "submodule" plug-ins take the effects, performance controls and instrument sections of the five featured devices and provide them as stand-alone plug-ins. This allows for mix-and-match sound creation, modulation, filtering and effects similar to modular synthesis environments.
MODE has a suggested retail price of $199 and will be is now available for purchase from Cycling '74's web site or its retail dealers.
For more information, visit their web site at www.cycling74.com