Corsair Introduces Flash Survivor Line of Rugged UBS 2.0 Flash Drives
Corsair unveils the extremely rugged line of USB 2.0 flash drives -- Flash Survivor™. Designed and engineered to be the industry's toughest USB drive, Flash Survivor is water-resistant, CNC-milled aluminum encased, and shock-proof to safely store user's information and files in the most demanding environments.
Offering unique features and the best price/performance solution in the market - Flash Survivor is immediately available in two variations:
- Flash Survivor GT 8GB - $129.99 USD MSRP
- Flash Survivor 4GB - $59.99 USD MSRP
- Water Resistant to 200 Meters (650 Feet) / 20 Atmospheres Sealed with an EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) waterproof seal, Flash Survivor is designed to provide 200 meters of water resistant durability. During these tests, no leaking or compromised integrity of the data on the drive was found.
- Shock Proof - Triple Point Protection Flash Survivor features triple-point protection against shock and impact:
- Encased in CNC (Computer Numerical Control) milled aluminum (as found in aircraft part production) ensures consistency in material quality, thereby guaranteeing the USB drive's toughness
- Additional protection from shock and vibration is achieved through the use of rubber molded collar shielding. When dropped, the durable rubber absorbs the impact force to prevent damage to the inner drive and the USB connector.
- Engineered outer metal tube with two end caps provides enforcement to the hollow tube and prevents it from collapsing when abused.
- 5 Times faster than other drives (GT version)
- Pre-loaded with a security application with 256-bit AES encryption, the most secure encryption algorithms available.
Built to Corsair's quality and reliability standards, each Flash Survivor drive delivers sustained read/write performance up to 34MB/sec and 28MB/sec respectively. Engineered with highly screened NAND flash and an advanced memory controller, the new Flash Survivor drive features enhanced dual channel and interleave memory technologies. This means lightning-fast file transfer - up to 5 times faster than typical USB drives, guaranteed.
The Flash Survivor family of USB drives is pre-loaded with a security application that allows users to create a hidden, password-protected partition on the drive. The password is encrypted with 256-bit AES encryption, the most secure encryption algorithms available.
All products are backed by a 10-year Limited Warranty complete with customer support via telephone, email, forum and TechSupport Xpress troubleshooting guide.
For more information, visit their web site at www.corsair.com