Classic Console Compressor Bundle from URS
URS (Unique Recording Software) announced the Classic Console Compressor Bundle, digitally recreating the buss compressor/limiter of two famous British mixing consoles. The Bundle includes the 1970 Compressor and the 1980 Compressor with two versions each: Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version and Compressor only version.
The 1970 Classic Console Compressor features digital recreation of transformer input and diode bridge gain reduction amplifier characteristics for a smooth and warm sound. The 1980 Classic Console Compressor features digital recreation of the IC input and voltage controlled gain reduction amplifier (VCA) characteristic, snappy and aggressive.
The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls. The Internal Side Chain High and Low Pass Filters fine tune how narrow or "Broad Band" the URS Classic Console Compressor will affect the program material. Both Filters completely overlap to dial in problem frequencies.
There is also a Listen Key after the Filters section. The Listen Key allows you to monitor the signal being sent to the Gain Reduction detection circuit.
Both Classic Console Compressors use high resolution 48-bit TDM and 64-bit RTAS "Double Precision" processing for increased clarity, headroom and unparalleled gain reduction.
Each Classic Console Compressor plug-in in the bundle includes two versions:
- Compressor/ Limiter / Side Chain version
- Compressor only version
- Pro Tools 6.9.2 and Tiger OSX 10.4.2 compatibility
- Pro Tools 6.9.2and Panther OSX 10.4.2 compatibility
- Pro Tools 6.7 and Panther OSX 10.3.9 compatibility
- Pro Tools 6.2.3 and Jaguar 10.2.8 compatibility
- Pro Tools 5.3.1 and Mac OS9 compatibility
- Full Windows XP support
- Full Pro Tools TDM support for Pro Tools|HD Accel, Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools 24|MIX systems
- Full 192 kHz support for TDM, RTAS and AudioSuite versions
- Full ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 and Digi 002 support
- Full ICON Console Control Surface support -- including center section Dynamics panel
- Supports Mbox, Digi 001, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, Pro Tools|24 MIX, Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel
- Compressor/Limiter/Sidechain Instances- 9 per HD Accel chip and 4 Instances per HD chip and 2 per MIX chip
- Compressor only Instances - 17 per HD Accel chip and 8 Instances per HD chip and 4 per MIX chip
Pricing and Availability
Everything Bundle v4.0 owners can add the URS Classic Console Compressor Bundle for an introductory price. Everything Bundle v4.0 owners can purchase the URS Classic Console Compressor Bundle for the introductory price of $699.99 for TDM and $349.99 for Native. Offer Expires October 31, 2005.
The URS Classic Console Compressor Bundle TDM version lists for $899.99 and includes TDM, RTAS, and AudioSuite for Macintosh OSX and OS9 and Windows XP.
The URS Classic Console Compressor Bundle Native version lists for $449.99 and includes RTAS and AudioSuite for Macintosh OSX and OS9 and Windows XP.
Demo Available -- iLok required
For more information, visit their web site at www.ursplugins.com