Breedlove Guitar Company Introduces Revival Series
December 1, 2004
The Breedlove Guitar Company is set to unveil their new Revival Series of dreadnought and orchestral model guitars at the upcoming WinterNAMM show in Anaheim, CA.
Breedlove is known as an award winning design innovator, and has received accolades for such designs as the CM, Classic XII, C25, and the Ed Gerhard Signature Model. The new Revival Series is an expansion of the Breedlove Custom Shop offerings. This new addition to the Breedlove stable will boast eight distinct models featuring both traditional tones and designs.
All of the Revival Series guitars will be handmade at the Breedlove Custom Shop in Bend, OR, USA, and feature "pre-war" scalloped X-bracing, a modified "V" neck carve, and an antique, hand-rubbed, semi-gloss finish, to provide a vintage feel and tone.
The company has released preliminary specifications on two dreadnought models that will be included in the Revival Series: the DM with solid Honduran mahoganyback/sides and the DR with solid rosewood back/sides.
Features shared by these two dreadnought models include:
- Traditional Dreadnought dimensions
- Solid Sitka Spruce top
- Advanced, scalloped "Pre-War" X-bracing
- 14 fret Honduran Mahogany neck
- Ebony pinned "belly" bridge
- Ebony fingerboard
- Tortoise shell body binding
- Multi-ply BWB rosette
- Pearl dot position markers
- Ebony heel cap
- Soundhole truss rod access
- 251/2" scale length
- 13/4" Tusq Nut
- 1/8" Tusq saddle
- Solid squared headstock
- Rosewood headstock overlay
- Grover 18:1 Sta-Tite vintage chrome tuners
- Vintage toner stain
- Hand-rubbed, semi-gloss finish
- Breedlove Arch Top Hardcase
For more information, visit their web site at www.breedloveguitars.com