Birdsong Guitars Debuts the Short Scale Cortobass
July 9, 2004
The Birdsong Guitar Co. has introduced their short scale bass guitar, the Cortobass. For players uncomfortable with the "standard" 34" scale, there can be few choices other than imported student models, custom made one-offs, or "vintage" designs that didn't balance or sound great. That's where the Cortobass comes in.
The Cortobass features a 31 1/2" scale length and is 41" long overall. Compare that to the typical Precision Bass with a 34" scale and 45" total length, or typical guitar with 25 1/2" scale measuring in at around 40".
The Cortobass has been engineered specifically as a shorter scale design. They're built with select woods, top-quality pro components (even the ones you can't see), and are available direct to the player with 1 week approval and 5-year warranty by the very people who designed it & build each one at our shop in Texas.
- Neck: Bolt-on 3 pc. Maple with tilt-back 2+2 headstock, satin oil finish
- Body: 1 pc. Mahogany, satin oil finish
- Fretboad: Rosewood, 12" radius
- Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo + zero fret
- Tuners: Gotoh sealed mini 2+2
- Pickups: Sealed low noise high output (passive), Neck p/u gives great round "upright" tone; Other great for punchy, funky blues/rock. Blend & voice to taste!
- Controls: 2 volumes, 6-way varitone
- Electronics: CTS pots, Switchcraft jack
- Bridge: Heavy flatmount fully adjustable
- Case: Plush-lined hardshell
- Gripper strap buttons,
- Out of the way jack,
- Anti-shock circuit
- Optional woodburned artistry
- Hand-made in the USA
Price: $1500, which includes case & shipping in the continental US.
For more information, visit their web site at www.birdsongguitars.com