All iZotope Plug-Ins Now Available for OS X
November 5, 2004
iZotope has now released its entire plug-in line for Mac OS X. The plug-ins can be downloaded from iZotope's web site in Pro Tools, VST, MAS, and Audio Unit formats (as well as Pro Tools, VST, and DirectX formats for Windows). The release includes Ozone, a 64-bit analog modeled mastering system; Trash, a 64-bit classic amp, distortion, delay, and filter simulator; and Spectron, a versatile spectral-based effect. Vinyl, a record simulator, is already available as a free download for Mac OS X.
iZotope Ozone is a 64-bit integrated mastering system featuring analog modeling with options for digital processing. Features include:
- Loudness maximizer with Intelligent Release Control for transparent limiting
- Proprietary MBIT+ wordlength reduction technology (dither)
- Tube modeled multiband dynamics with analog and linear-phase crossover modes, RMS and peak detection
- Tube modeled EQ with linear phase mode for digitally transparent equalization, intelligent matching function for spectrum matching
- 64-bit modeled reverb
Ozone is available as a download for new customers at $249.99 USD on the iZotope web site.
iZotope Trash is a distortion and amp modeling plug-in with a range of 64-bit box, cabinet, and speaker models, multiband distortion algorithms, fully sweepable and triggerable filters, and unique delay module. Highlights include:
- 48 distortion types ranging from tube overdrive to the fuzz of germanium transistors. Chain pairs of distortions together for sonic destruction at 64-bit precision, or split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies.
- Modeling of 85 amp cabinets and speakers. Classics, combos, boutique models, stacks.
- 36 filters that can be LFO or envelope triggered through a unique graphical display. Synth filters, resonant filters, classic analog filters and more.
- Multiband dynamics and gating to control the peaks and tame the noise.
- Trash the echo with a selection of classic lo-fi delays. Tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation and Lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
Trash is available as a download for new customers at $199.99 USD on the iZotopeweb site.
iZotope Spectron is a tool for sound designers. It's designed around the Spectron Engine, a powerful core which decomposes audio into thousands of frequency bands for spectral processing. Spectron offers an interface which lets sound designers control groups of frequency bands with virtually unlimited options for sweeping and triggering. By chaining effects including morphing, panning, delay/feedback combinations and filtering, it's easy to find a unique sound with Spectron. Features include:
- Morph module for effects reminiscent of a vocoder but with frequency-selective amount control
- Spectral-based delay with independent delay and feedback control for each frequency band
- Spectral-based stereo panning
- Filter module for frequency-selective attenuation
- Smear module including four independent delay lines with flanger-style LFO for smoothing the output of the Spectron Engine
- Innovative interface allows for virtually unlimited sweeping and triggering options, includes advanced LFO settings with amplitude, frequency and pulse-width modulation.
Spectron is available as a download for new customers at $129.99 USD on the iZotope web site.
iZotope Vinyl creates a "vinyl" simulation as if the audio were a record being played on a record player. It provides the user with control over parameters ranging from the amount of dust to the year the record player was created.Vinyl remains a free download from iZotope's web site.
For more information, visit their web site at www.izotope.com