Akai Professional Introduces The MPC500 Music Production Center
Akai Professional proudly introduces the MPC500. As the newest addition to the music production center (MPC) family, the battery-powered MPC500 now gives everyone the ability to take this popular compositional tool anywhere they go.
Portable and battery-powered, the MPC500's functionality includes drum programming, sequencing, and sampling capabilities that allow artists the luxury of creating music on the go in a compact road worthy chassis.
The MPC500 is data compatible with both the MPC1000 and the MPC2500 and includes both line and mic inputs for sampling your own sounds.
Other enhancements include a mass storage-class USB port, which makes it easier than ever to store a massive amount of sample and sequencer data. With the addition of the built-in compact flash drive, musicians and producers will have greater access than ever to all sounds and sequencer data.
Additional functionality includes:
- A 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with up to 128MB RAM
- Pattern-based 48-track sequencer allowing users to assign a different program on each track or record MIDI data to be sent to an external sound module
- Renowned MPC style pressure sensitive pads including 12 levels and full level features
- Built-in Analog I/O with switchable Mic/Line inputs, 1/4" stereo headphone output and MIDI I/O
- Support for standard WAV files and MIDI sequences
- Internal sounds in flash with on-board stereo and master effects
- A low-pass filter with resonance per voice capability
The MPC500 has an MSRP of $1,299.00 and is shipping immediately.
For more information, visit their web site at www.akaipro.com